Friday 12 August 2011

Recent purchases

Hello there :)

So, I just got back from my 18-30's holiday in Kavos last week and I have to say it was amazing, so many funny memories! I think I'm going to do a separate post on it with a few photos. I've definitely got the holiday blues now, though. All I'm doing currently is working at my part-time job and waiting anxiously for my A Level results next week. Anyone else nervous?!

Oh, T in the park was also absolutely awesome, and I strongly urge you to buy a ticket for next year. It beats Leeds music festival hands down! It's just such an awesome atmosphere with LOADS to do. The Foo Fighters were definitely the highlight of my (and probably everyone else's) time there because they were just so amazing. Beyonce was also another favourite. Oh, and you know the post below on festival beauty essentials? Well you may as well ignore if if you go to T in the park, as they have opened something called 'Refresh' for which you can buy a wristband and allows you proper showers and flushing toilets, as well as people to wash your hair for you AND everyone beauty essential necessary for you laid out in the Pamper room, think Straighteners, hairspray and even toothbrushes! It is definitely worth the £25.

Anyway, back to the main point of the post. Recent purchases! After returning from Kavos I had a few pennies to spare so decided to treat myself a little bit. I didn't really buy anything on holiday, apart from a few little bracelets and a trinket box with Corfu on it (I collect them wherever I go) but that's it.

So....

1) Converse


Finally! I have been meaning to buy some for ages, but have just never got round to it. They hardly break the bank at £35 ish and I know I'm going to wear them every day. I bought them in the colour 'beetroot purple'. They sort of have a washed out effect which I think makes them look even cooler. If anyone is interested I bought mine from Surfdome (I couldn't see this colour on the other websites!)


It's true love :)

2) The Harry Potter books special edition (yes, I'm a dork.)



Although I've already read them all growing up, I have never actually owned the books myself, always either borrowing off someone else or getting them out of the library. I desperately wanted to re-read them and thought why not buy them with these fancy covers in a nice red box :). I would have downloaded them on my kindle, but what do you know they aren't available in kindle-form :(. I don't mind though because I get to have these beauties sitting proudly on my shelf. I paid about £30 for them off Amazon brand new which is pretty alright if you ask me!


Wasn't the newest film just great? Yes yes they missed out quite a bit from the books but they simply cannot fit everything in. I went to see it a grand total of three times at the cinema, and cried every single time! The end of an era for sure. I would really love to head over to Harry Potter world in Orlando, I just missed it when I went to Florida, it opened about 6 months after we were there! Devastated is an understatement. Any other potter geeks here?

3) Lastly, a new scent! Benefits 'So hooked on carmella'



Okay so I actually bought this before I went on holiday, but I have to share it. Gorgeous! Now I know for a fact this perfume isn't to everyone's taste, the mother hates it. It does smell slightly like alcohol but theres just something different about it that I like. And it's the longest lasting scent I've ever owned, it lasts all day and probably the next if I didn't wash (though I'm not going to test this, sorry!) I also love the little 'house' it comes in, I don't want to throw it out :)


That's all for my recent purchases, although I am heading to Primark this afternoon with the best friends so perhaps I'll have more to show... it would be kinder to my bank account if I didn't, though. Also, anyone else baffled as to how fast this year is going? Pretty soon it's gonna be September, then Christmas, and then a brand new year. I'm sure years didn't go this fast when I was a child. Must be what getting older feels like, I don't wanna grow up :(

Anyway, laterz :)





No comments:

Post a Comment